Mice are extremely opportunistic creatures, and with the easily accessible food and water they find near homes and businesses, they are also a common nuisance pest. If you notice signs of a rodent infestation, call the mice exterminators at Critter Control® of Tampa today.
Common Signs of Mice
Although mice generally live outdoors, they are attracted to the warmth and protection human structures provide, especially during the fall and winter seasons. Some common signs to look for to help determine if you have a mouse problem include:
- Droppings – Mice leave a lot of waste behind. Check the inside of cupboards, underneath sinks, and along walls. Their feces is usually the size of a grain of rice, dark in color, and pointed at one or both ends.
- Dirty smears – Look for dirty smears caused by mice rubbing against baseboards and walls as they travel back and forth.
- Foul odors – If you’ve noticed an ammonia-like odor recently, especially in enclosed areas, it could be from mice.
- Damage – Mice can cause all sorts of damage, from chewing on wires and pipes to contaminating food with their feces, urine, and fur.
- Noises – Listen for scratching noises or pitter-patter sounds inside the walls or ceilings, especially at night when mice are most active.
- Nests – Check around your home for nests, which are usually in hidden places near food sources. Mice will generally build their nests using newspaper, fabric, or attic insulation.
- Mice sighting – Spotting mice during the day could mean you have a massive infestation. We recommend calling professional mice exterminators right away!
Addressing your mice problem might seem like a huge undertaking, but it is possible to remove mice from your home quickly and efficiently by calling Critter Control® of Tampa. Our experienced mice exterminators will eliminate the rodents, repair any damages and clean any messes caused by the mice, and prevent them from returning in the future.
While we do our best to relocate all of the wildlife we remove from a home or business, it is illegal and unfeasible to relocate rodents such as mice. Therefore, they must be humanely exterminated. To prevent further damage and possible health risks, call the mice exterminators at Critter Control® of Tampa today at 813.948.0870.