Rodents have become an all-too common issue for home and business owners all throughout Tampa, especially as the weather begins to transition from fall to winter. Just like you and I, rodents are looking for shelter from the elements when winter arrives, and the easy access to food and water that a home often provides is an added bonus for them. Having rodents in your attic can create much more than an annoyance, so it’s important to look for the signs of activity, including:
- Strange squeaking or scratching noises coming from the ceiling, especially at night
- Bite marks on plastic or cardboard food containers. If found, dispose of the food and container immediately
- Paper, cardboard, or attic insulation scraps strewn about – rodents commonly use these as nesting materials
Though rodents are fairly small and innocuous looking, they actually pose a serious threat to the wellbeing of your family and home. Because of the diseases they often carry, Critter Control® strongly advises against attempting to remove any rodents on your own.
Types of Rodents
The following are some of the more common rodent species we see on a regular basis:
- Squirrels – These critters are notorious for chewing holes in roof flashings or soffits to gain access to your attic, where they then tear up your heat insulation.
- Mice – Much more of a problem than they look, mice gnaw and burrow through anything in their path and reproduce alarmingly fast.
- Rats – Larger and more dangerous than mice, rats constantly chew on things to keep their teeth in check, and are able to climb to hard-to-reach places.
Let Us Help
Don’t risk putting your home, office building, or family at risk because of rodents. If you notice any of the warning signs, get in contact with an expert right away. The technicians at Critter Control® of Tampa have over thirty years of experience in all forms of animal removal. Call us today at 813.948.0870 with any questions or to schedule your free home consultation.