If you’ve lived in Florida for any amount of time, you have almost certainly experienced a problematic squirrel. Squirrels seem to be everywhere, at least everywhere there are trees. Because they are accustomed to living side-by-side with humans, squirrels are far more comfortable around us than virtually any other wild animal. This means that they won’t be scared off easily from your business at all, and could end up disrupting your day-to-day. Especially pesky, troublemaking squirrels might even need to be removed by a professional animal control service.
You might notice that there is always the same squirrel or two hanging around your place of work. Most of the time, this shouldn’t be chalked up to déjà vu — they are hanging out for a reason. That reason could be any number of things, including:
- A steady supply of natural food sources
- Trash to pick through
- Employees on their lunchbreak feeding them
- A bird feeder nearby
- The shelter that the building provides
Usually, one or more of these things are in play when there’s a pesky squirrel around your office or company building. If you are a restaurant owner, then the reason is fairly obvious. No matter what, don’t feed the squirrels if you want them to go away.
Problems for Your Business
You might think that there’s no harm in feeding a squirrel, and you think they look cute nibbling on a piece of your apple. But, you don’t want them to get too comfortable around your business. Hand-feeding them is the fastest way to break a squirrel’s natural timidity and turn it into a mischievous pest. Here are some of the problems a fearless squirrel can cause your business.
- They can dig through dumpsters and break open trash bags, leaving the area a mess.
- Aggressive squirrels can scare off employees or customers from entering.
- Aggressive squirrels could even attack employees or customers.
- When used to being around your business, they are more likely to try to get inside and create a nest.
- Squirrels will cause chewing damage to building structures.
- Electrical failures could be caused by squirrels chewing on wires.
- Constant chatter and squeaking could disrupt employees.
If a squirrel or two is causing your business one of these issues or any others, you should call the commercial squirrel removal experts at Critter Control® of Tampa. Let us remove the disruptive animals so that your employees can get back to work and your customers can feel safe. For more information about our commercial animal removal services or to schedule a free consultation, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 813-328-6646.