They might be cute little critters, but mice pose a huge threat to your family and your home if you let them be. Not only do their urine and feces pollute the air around them, putting you and your family’s health at risk, but they love to chew on anything they can get their paws on. They can rip up insulation and gnaw on electrical wiring, causing fire hazards. So how can you get rid of them?
- Locate the Infestation- Mice will look for a nice warm location with easy access to food. Their home will be full of urine and feces, so it will be easy to tell when you’ve found it because they smell will be strong. If your home has holes in the soffits or loose siding, the area directly inside may be inhabited by mice. Mice also leave grease stains on your baseboards which you can follow back to their home.
- Set Traps in High-Traffic Locations- Once you have located where the bulk of your infestation lives, you can start placing the traps around there. By setting your traps in high-traffic areas, you’ll have a much higher chance of catching a mouse.
- Seal All Entry and Exit Points- The best way to prevent infestations is to make sure your home is sealed up. By taking away their entry and exit points, mice will no longer have a way to enter your home in the first place. By making sure your home is properly sealed, you’ll save move on:
- Repairing damages mice have done on the interior of your home
- Having to replace your home’s insulation due to mice using it as nesting
- Heating and cooling costs in your home
- Replacing attic floors and walls due to mice urine and feces ruining it
- Possible doctor visits if a family member is infected by a disease carried by mice
Always Hire a Professional
Even if these steps sound simple enough, it takes an expert to know exactly where to place traps to catch mice, especially since they almost always need to go in hard to access areas like your walls. Handling dead mice is an extreme health hazard when done by an untrained individual. You should never touch a wild mouse, dead or alive, if you see one in your home. Hiring the professionals at Critter Control® Tampa is the best way to rid your home of unwanted critters. We’ll remove the entire infestation, clean up after them, and seal you home to make sure they can’t get back in. For your free consultation, call us today at 813.948.0870.