If you discover your home or business is infested with rodents, it can become stressful. Not only do you have to worry about the structure of your building or the damages the rodents could cause, but you also must take into account the health and safety of the inhabitants of the building like your employees or family members. The best way to handle rodent removal is to hire a professional company to do it, like Critter Control® Tampa. We’re trained in safely removing all rodents from your property, and we know how to keep them out.
Types of Rodents
There are many types of rodents that can inhabit your home or business. In order to prevent them, it is important that you can identify them. Here are 3 of the most common types of rodents that will infest your home:
- Mice- Most type of mice that will invade your home are either deer mice or house mice, and both are brown or light gray in color. Although they are pretty small, these critters can cause a lot of damage in your walls, and multiply at an alarming rate.
- Rats- The most common rats that will invade include the Norway and roof rat. Since they are a lot less curious and a lot larger than mice, they are harder to trap.
- Squirrels- Although they look cute, they can be very aggressive when they feel threatened. Not only that, but they are the most destructive of the three, as the love to rip out the insulation in your walls in order to build their nests.
Know the Signs
In order to prevent a full-on infestation, early detection of rodents in your home is key. Look for these signs in your home to indicate whether you’ve got unwanted guests:
- Strange noises coming from your walls or ceiling
- Small pellets that look like rodent droppings, or a strong smell of urine throughout your home
- Newspaper, cardboard, insulation, and other nesting materials lying around or bunched up, especially in your attic or garage.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs around your home, it’s time to call Critter Control® Tampa. We do not advise trying to remove the rodents on your own, as they could become aggressive and lash out, and coming into contact with them could spread dangerous diseases. Take back control of your property and set up your free consultation with us today by calling 813.948.0870.