With the constant increase of rat problem reports in the United States, Tampa residents are not immune to rat infestations. They rely on humans to provide them food and shelter, and in exchange they leave their urine and feces around, gnaw on wires, and wood, and transmit diseases like leptospirosis which is potentially deadly.
How Did They Infest My Space?
There are many ways that rats can weasel their way into your space. They are very nimble and only require an opening that is ¾ of an inch thick to squeeze through. Holes in walls or foundations, for example are an easy way for rats to infest a structure. Prevention is the best way to eliminate a rat infestation. Some preventative methods include:
- Sealing all holes in your roof, walls, or foundation
- Repairing tears in screens on windows and doors
- Repairing damages to roof soffits and vents
- Remove and or trim back shrubs and bushes in the yard
- Avoid having bird feeders or pet dishes consistently available
Dangers of a Rat Infestation
Rats don’t make great guests. They don’t clean up after themselves and they make your home or office hazardous. If rats have their way, Critter Control® knows too well the dangers Tampa residents may face.
- Potential fires from chewed electrical wires
- Contraction of deadly diseases from rat droppings or carcasses
- Increased utility bills from gnawed insulation or air duct pipes
How Critter Control® of Tampa Can Help
If preventative methods aren’t successful, then call the professionals of Critter Control® of Tampa to help. With over 33 years of experience as a company, our trained technicians has the tools to create a custom plan to properly remove the rats from and repair your space.
Call our office today at 813.948.0870 or visit our website to schedule your free consultation today. Ask about our three year exclusion and lifetime warranty.